40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest is required to keep the personal data provided by Customer to fulfill the contest requirements, and in addition to confirm Terms and Conditions, to process electronic entries and for the necessary communication during a period required by law.
1. Personal data controller, in compliance with GDPR (hereinafter referred to as „Regulation“) 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest
2. The contact details of the 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest is: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The source of personal data
1. 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest processes personal data obtained with consent from Customer and collected through the contract to process the electronic entry created on site.
2. 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest processes only the identifying and contact details of Customer which are necessary for the fulfillment of the entry.
3. 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest processes personal data for the accounting purposes and for the necessary communication between the contracting parties for the duration required by law. Personal data will not be made public and will not be transferred to other countries.
Purpose of data processing
40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest processes personal data of the Customer for following purposes:
1. Registration into the contest in compliance with Chapter 4, Section 2 of GDPR;
2. For fulfillment of the electronic letter / essay submission created by Customer (name, address, email, telephone number);
3. To observe law and regulations arising from the the contractual relationship between Customer and 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest
4. Personal data is necessary for the fulfillment of contract to enter the contest. Contract cannot be concluded without the personal data.
Duration of personal data storage
1. 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest stores personal data for the period necessary for fulfillment of rights and obligations arising from the contractual relationship between Controller and Customer and for the duration of 3 years following the conclusion of contractual relationship;
2. 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest must delete all personal data after the expiration of the period required for the storage of personal data.
Recipients and processors of personal data
Third parties processing personal data of the Customer are subcontractors of the 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest. Services of these subcontractors are indispensable for the successful fulfillment of the contract to purchase and processing of the electronic order between 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest and Customer.
Subcontractors of the Controller are:
- Webnode AG (online store system);
- Google Analytics (website analytics);
Rights of Customer
In compliance with the Regulation, Customer is entitled to:
1. The right of access to personal data;
2. The right to rectification of personal data;
3. The right to erasure of personal data;
4. The right to object to processing of personal data;
5. The right to data portability;
6. The right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data in writing or by e-mail sent to: email@example.com.
This will warrant a refund of the entry fee and removal of the letter / essay from the contest.
7. the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in case of suspected breach of the Regulation.
Security of personal data
1. 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest declares to take all technical and organizational precautions necessary for the protection of personal data;
2. 40 Acres & House Letter / Essay Contest has taken technical precautions to secure data storage spaces, in particular securing access to the computer with a password, using antivirus software and performing regular maintenance of the computers.
1. By placing an electronic entry on the website www.40Acrescontest.ca Customer confirms to be informed about all the conditions of personal data protection and accepts them to the full extent;
2. Customer accepts these rules by ticking the checkbox in the order purchase form;
3. Controller can update these Rules at any time. New, updated version has to be published on his website.
These Rules come into effect on June 27th, 2019